Saturday, November 15, 2008

Limbo

noun: an intermediate or transitional place or state, a state of uncertainty (Merriam-Webster)

This is our home right now. Two girls, well, I guess THREE girls, in limbo. One knows she is in limbo and her behavior shows it. One has no idea that this is our current place of residence. And I have no idea how much longer I'll get to enjoy these two critters.

Sass got news yesterday. We have a new CPS caseworker for her. As best I can tell, in the four days this lady has been on the job, she has done more for Sass than the previous caseworker did in 3 1/2 months on the job. She is working hard and is very honest with Sass. She knows where Sass wants to be, knows she has somehow fallen through the cracks, and has told us both that we will have an answer THIS WEEK on what the future holds for our girl. Let's see if that happens. I hope for Sass, who spends half of her time planning what we'll do here for the holidays and the other half wondering how she'll celebrate with her family, that we really will know more and can work our way out of state of uncertainty.

Bit, too, is in limbo with us, but has no idea. She trucks along day by day saying things like "I love you, Tammy." "I love my sister." "I so happy here." And she already calls this place "home." Her limbo is lasting at least through this Friday so that we can wrap up all of her medical appointments. Is CPS really planning on flying with her to her new home (far away from Austin) during Thanksgiving week? They'd be nuts. But it'd get Little Bit to her new home. Stay tuned.....

No comments: