Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Honeymoon is Over

It's official. We had a lovely six days of being a family of three when two of our family members decided to be not-so-lovely anymore. Sass has decided that being followed around by a four-year-old who calls you "Sister" non-stop is no longer cute. She has demonstrated finesse in avoiding sitting by, speaking to, modeling for, or helping our new little one. She pleasantly suggests that Little Bit choose HER face painting design first, even though it is evident that her purpose is to not have Bit copy her.

Of course I don't want to discredit Little Bit in her ability to be, well, an annoying four-year-old either. Little One wants the same flavor donut, must eat breakfast in the same manner as Sass, and will only wear her dress-up clothes if Miss Sassafras wears hers. Beyond that, she is loosening up and letting her personality shine. Have I mentioned before that her nickname may end up being "Spitfire?" I guess it is good though, that she is becoming herself after a week of figuring out exactly how things go in this new life. Even if herself is the self that screams from the backseat as we pull into the Pumpkin Festival today: I am NOT looking at pumpkins. I am NOT going to like it. I am NOT going to have fun and YOU can't make me!

Ah, but I have the pictures to prove her wrong.

No comments: