Saturday, May 9, 2015

Two Years with My Three Amigos

Two years and one day ago, my placement agency called me.
"I have 3 kids...2 boys and a girl. (and gave more details)"
"Um, no thanks. School aged boys scare me and I'm not sure I want three kids."

The next night, my relentless placement agency called again.
"Ok, I know you said you didn't want three kids, but I want you to hear me out. I think this is a better fit for you and I want you to know what's out there."
"You 'want me to know what's out there', yeh, sure...... Ok, let's hear it."

And she proceeded to tell me all she knew. 3, 2, 1. Brief history. Idea of what their immediate needs would be. Probably short term.

And she was right. It was a better fit for me. The ages and needs were things that I was experienced with. Three packages filled with significant needs was a lot for one placement, but we both knew it could work.

"UGH!!! JESSICA!!! Why are you doing this to me when I said I didn't want three kids!!???"

I'm pretty sure she laughed.

A couple hours later, I carried a bucket car seat with a teeny baby into my house. Then went back out to the car and carried a teeny little 3 year old in while he peed on me. And last, I got my ray of Sunshine through the door.

Little did we know that that was the arrival of my future..the kids who would leave and then come back. The kids who would stay. My family.


No comments: