Monday, December 15, 2014

A Weekend without Junebug

We've lost Junebug for the weekends from here on out. We have her for fewer waking hours than her family at this point. I am in full support of this reunification and can only think of two other cases when I have felt this good about the outcome.

Everyone seemed OK without Junebug except for Chickadee. She asked for her multiple times a day (though did enjoy riding in Junebug's car seat). Today, she asked where she was again.

C: Where Junebug?
Me: With her mama and dada, remember?
C: But she MY Junebug! *I* love her!
Me: Lots of people love her. You will see her at school today though.
C: Ok. I give her a big hug.

I wonder what the big kids think of all this, but being their nonexpressive little beings, they won't say.

The difference between four kids and three kids was noticeable to me in only 2 ways: 1. we can get in the car and ready for school faster and 2. there are things that aren't developmentally appropriate for Junebug that we can do when she is not around. Otherwise, I guess the saying that once you get three kids you don't notice when more are added is true.

No comments: