Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Conversation with a Five-Year-Old Client

(but I have no idea where it began)

Me: I don't like that (doing something at home...can't remember what).
Him: Well, what about your husband?
Me: I don't have a husband.
Him: Wait, WAH?
Him: Well, where do you get all your babies from?

At this point, his mother is bright red. BRIGHT red.

Me: People bring them to my house.
Him: (open mouth stare)
Him: How does THAT work?
Me: I have a special family. When a kid needs a safe place to live, someone brings them to houses like mine and they stay there so they can be safe.
Him: Oooooooohhhhhhh! Now I see!
Me (not out loud): Yeah, I bet....

Coincidentally, we went to a nearby church's "biblical village" tonight and ran into this kid. He was able to meet "all my babies." :)

No comments: