Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Terrible Twos

times two.

I am not sure I'd recommend this to anyone. I don't remember two three year olds being this "fun" or even two one year olds. But boy, do two two year olds keep me on my toes.

I could really do without the fits over cereal, who's on your undies or diaper, who gets their diaper changed first, and what sippy cup I pull out of the cabinet. I would love to eat out without a tantrum or make it through a meal at home without someone crying. I would love not to have my seat in the car kicked repeatedly because a certain princess is crabby.

But if we can filter out the fun and keep it that way, we'll all be good.

Thank you for kids who are interested in undies, who are soooooo happy wearing hats and mittens, who play ring around the rosy and sing ABCs incessantly, and who when not being terrible two year olds can be pretty terrific two year olds.

No comments: