Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas 2012

came and went in a flash. I love, love, love doing Christmas with kids--from the counting down the days to the nightly walk around the neighborhood to see lights. Here are our highlights for December (in no particular order):

1. Alvin the Elf: Alvin learned that he had to stay up high after D touched him, nearly ruining his magical powers, on the first day. I am not sure Alvin curbed anyone's behaviors, but he was a fun start to our day.

2. Trail of Lights: The most crowded trail. The most patient children. The most beautiful lights.

3. Happy Birthday Jesus: Nothing sweeter than two 2 year olds singing 'Happy Birthday Baby Jesus!' with cakes made out of blocks. Peanut was so excited to have a real cake, real candles and a whole lot of people singing on Christmas night.

4. Wheels. It took D a while to spot his but,  "oh. my. gosh. Tammy!", eventually he did. Why can't it be warmer than the 40s so we can all enjoy this toy? Instead, he is enjoying it while I am standing shivering on the sidewalk.

5. A couple of suprise visitors: Just stopping by to drop off treats. I love surprise visitors.

6. Planned visitors: My mom and dad stayed for a few days and were a fun addition to our busy Christmas. My mom made hobby horses for these three and the Sisters. We're going to have a rodeo soon.

and

7. Down time to enjoy these guys. We've had a lot more time to play, a lot less hurryhurryhurrying to do, and D and I even had a date today to see Monsters, Inc at the movie theater.

Merry, Merry, Merry!

No comments: