Friday, November 5, 2010

Night Owl's Ten

10. LOVED Spiderman. But said: Spidermanch! (complete w/ web making fingers) every time.
9. Interpreted the word "hell" in a song as "milk". She called the song "My Milk Song." I saw no reason to correct her.
8. Became very best friends with a cat named Stubby, even though for a few weeks in the beginning, she was his worst enemy.
7. Was my own personal parrot. If it came out of my mouth, it came out of hers minutes, hours, days later.
6. Along those lines, went up to the birthday girl who had just finished her cupcake at her party and had a rather messy face, and said loudly: NIIIIIIIICE FACE!!!
5. Fell in love with a pair of black mary janes with kitty cats on the toes. I secretly adored them too, so it was a good purchase.
4. Was the Queen of Finger Plays. If it exists, she knows it. "Thumbkin" was at the top of the charts this week; "Five Little Pumpkins" last week.
3. Got in Little Guy's space one time while he was crying and said: OH THE DRAMA!! (see #7).
2. Called Chick Fil A "Chickaway".
1. When she said: "I want applesauce," it did not mean the food. It meant she wanted to sit cross legged.

Night Owl exceeded even the second blond brother in how often and how loudly one could say: I love you. My favorite was a day when I left her at daycare and she was on the top of the playscape screaming: I LOVE YOU, MOMMY! over and over again.

I love you more, baby girl.

1 comment:

Alison Randall said...

Damn you and your loving words that make me smile and cry at the same time. :)

We'll miss your kids, too.